Georges Curtelin

 

Born 1899 in Lyon,  began his study in 1915 at the local Ecole des Beaux-Arts.

After his military service 1918-1919 he continued study-ing architecture at the Paris Ecole des Beaux-Arts. He was student at the atelier Umbdenstock-Pontremoli. March 1923 he is introduced by Maurice Storez  at the Oosterhout atelier of Bellot, where he stays to work.

In 1925 he graduates. He cooperated at the St. Chrysole in Comines.

We know not for sure how long Curtelin stayed on the atelier of Bellot, sure is that they had contact for many years. Many of his own churches are influenced by his contacts with Dom Bellot. Curtelin died in 1968.

 

We know only one of Curtelins churches by name:

 

Chapel of Don Bosco, La Mulatière/Lyon (1933)